• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Problems with Yahoo Mail and Outlook Express (Over the Limit?)

My wife has just tried to send 2 emails using OUTLOOK EXPRESS with about 6 recipients each. The first one went ok but now she is getting this error.

An unknown error was returned from the SMTP server. Subject 'Fw: Darwin', Account: 'Yahoo', Server: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '521 yahoo.com closing transmission channel. User is over the limit for messages allowed to be sent in a single day.', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 521, Error Number: 0x800CCC61

As she has only sent one message today ,why is she getting this message?

I use yahoo through OUTLOOK and am having no problem. Could this be a server issue , i have scanned for both spyware and viruses and found nothing.

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
While the post above has a very informative response :p, I agree it's something on their end. It clearly states

"User is over the limit for messages allowed to be sent in a single day"

Probably resolved by now, as the limit is probably daily. Apparently even if you contact Yahoo they won't know what is going on - but you should be able to send via webmail as Zidran over there pointed out ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdawgintown