Problem's with wireless Belkin Router...

Everhart

OSNN Junior Addict
There are 2 desktop computers and a laptop in the household and all were set up and running fine using the 'Belkin 54Mbps Wireless G 802.11g Router'. The 2 desktop computers were plugged into the wireless router with wires while the laptop ran fine wirelessly.

Last night while I was surfing internet wirelessly on my laptop in the house as I always do, the connection was suddenly cut and since last night my laptop won't connect to the internet. It comes up in taskbar 'wireless network unavailable' and I have tried using the 'repair' option, I have tried disabling then re-enabling the connection, I have tried unplugging router then plugging it in again but nothing seems to work and the 2 desktop computers are still running the internet fine :-(

Please help? Any feedback much appreciated thank you!

My router sometimes will lock up and I have to do a power-cycle of BOTH the cable modem and Router...
In order:
1) Ensure ALL wireless connected PCs are off and then power off cable modem
2) power off router
3) wait approximately 30 seconds
4) power on cable modem
5) power on router
6) power any/all wireless PCs

You should be good to go then..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back