Problems with Thumbnails on Folders

synical33

X2 & Lovin' It
hello all, i have an enormous collection of mp3s and i always tag them with tag & rename and it always brings a jpg on the folder where the mp3s are at

i sort my music folder in THUMBNAIL form in order to show the album cover on every folder but the problem is its a small thumb nail it shows on the TOP LEFT corner of the individual folder

how can i get it to stretch onto the individual folder cause i hate going into the properties of the folder and clicming on each and every jpg to get it right??? thanx all

If you save each individual thumbnail as something like thumb.jpg in their relevant folders, right click on the folder and go to Properties. Choose the Customise tab at the top and click the choose picture button, then click the 'thumb.jpg' file within it or whatever you saved it as originally and it'll show up full size on the folder thumb display. :)

If you use the Customise tab the thumbnail to be used is stored in the registry. Often these keys become corrupted and the thumbnails show up at the wrongest places. Better way is to have a picture named folder.jpg inside the folder. Explorer will allways use this picture for the thumbnail view.
Maybe you can write a batchfile to create these folder.jpg pics.

If I read it right you recommended to use the Customize tab. Didn't you?

Btw by default Windows only saves the customizations of 400 folders. You'll have to change that if you want to customize more folders.

That is not necessary if you use the folder.jpg file.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back