Problems with Taskbar Grouping--Possibly wrong forum sorry

M

Mike521

Hello, I am new to this site, someone recommended it to me. This might be the wrong forum for this problem, but I dunno where else to put it.

Anyway, I'm having trouble with grouping of taskbar buttons. You all know how XP combines buttons for the same program into one button, and makes a menu out of it. Well I just reinstalled XP after reformatting my drive, and now for some reason, Windows Explorer buttons (I mean viewing my hard drives and all) are being grouped TOGETHER with Internet Explorer buttons (webpages, etc). In fact, when I open up two or more Internet Explorer windows, they are grouped together under the name "Windows Explorer" as if windows is getting confused and thinking that IE is really WE. It even changes the icon from the normal little blue "e" to a manila folder.

Has anyone had this problem? Perhaps it's just a simple setting, that I had disabled before without even realizing it? I'd like to make it so that WE is grouped only with WE, and IE is grouped only with IE. I don't want to completely disable grouping, I just want to keep these two things seperate..

Thanks for any help you can give me, sorry again if it's the wrong forum.

Hmmm I tried everything I could to reproduce the problem and can't. when you open a drive and such is it opening it in a normal explorer window or the internet explorer window? I can't think of a reg entry that would merge their process id's..so not sure, i'll look around.

I know, it's really weird. This wasn't happening to me before I reformatted.

The WE windows look like WE, but they act like IE. For example, I have a pop up stopper program that has a toolbar under IE. However, I can make the toolbar visible in WE as well. So IE and WE are being loaded as the same process, which is exactly what WinXP is supposed to NOT do, right?

:mad:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back