Problems with sleep mode..

D

donkey

Usually when I go into sleep mode it takes 3 or 4 seconds for the process to happen. Now, the toolbar with the start menu and all icons on screen disappear and only the background screen remains and it just stays like that.

I can still move the mouse around but the only way out of it is to restart the computer.

This all happened after I installed Worms Armageddon on my pc. After that, sleep mode didn't work. This was yesterday so I did a system restore to 2 days before I installed Worms and the problem is still there.

Any help?

Thanks

How much disk space do you have? My co-worker had a similar problem caused by low disk space. See the quote from XP Pro help below:

In order to install and run, System Restore requires at least 200 MB of available space on your hard disk (or on the partition where your operating system folder is located). If you do not have sufficient space available when the operating system is installed, System Restore is installed, but it is not activated. System Restore cannot be turned on until you make at least 200 MB of disk space available.

When System Restore runs low on disk space, the monitoring of all drives is suspended. All drives are displayed as suspended in System Restore Status in Systems Properties in Control Panel. When System Restore is suspended, you cannot run the System Restore Wizard. If you attempt to run the wizard, a dialog box is displayed to inform you that System Restore is suspended. System Restore automatically resumes monitoring when a minimum of 200 MB of disk space become available.

Try doing a CTRL+ALT+DEL and see what processes are running - you may find that windows is trying to close all the programs - but there is something that is taking longer to stop - it may be that the worms game has intalled a network/on-line utilitie that is having trouble closing.

My space is ok. I have 40 GB and have over 23 GB left still so that can't be the problem.

I'm unsure about the process. I mean by telling what's what to see if something was running. There must be something though because for some reason the cpu usage was at 100% when I was doing nothing and had done nothing. (Just turned the pc on).

Is there any way I can see what processes mean what or try to find out if Worms is affecting anything. But, I did the system restore so wouldn't that mean it's like Worms is not there at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back