Problems with "Private Folders"

G

Gizzy

Hi Guys,

I have a problems accessing the a folder. Its a folder form a previous Install of Windowz XP. I made a back up of that folder. It was probably made private. But I think I forgot to make it public again. So Now after re-installing Windowz XP, I am trying to access that folder, so I can copy my documents from that folder. It gives me a message saying: "Access denied"

I can't even copy or move the folder to a different loacation on the Harddrive.

Now, My question is. Is there anyway that I can still view that folder and copy the files from that folder.

Any hack, or security hack ..? Anything is welcome.
Your help is much appreciated.

Try this,

1. Remove the check mark for Simple File Sharing, this could be found under Folder Option menu/ view tab

2. Right click on the desired folder and go to properties

3. Select the security tab, and click on permissions

4. Add your users account to the list and give it full control

5. close all indows and try accessing the desired folder, you should have access

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back