Problems with new board

s0198hb

OSNN Junior Addict
i have just got my self a msi K8N NEO2, amd 3500 (clawhammer). every thing started ok but since i updated to the lastest bois my graphics card keeps crashing on all my games. any ideas?

what gfx card do you have? make sure ur running the latest mobo drivers, and also if thers a bios update for ur card get that too

forgot to add, check ur bios settings since an update clears the settings i think

sorry guys just fixed it. i went into my bios and there it said that my main graphics card was a pci card but it is a agp so it is changed. thanks anyway guys

i spoke to soon now it loads the game but after a min or so my monitor goes into stand by mode.

Duh, put the old Bios back in. The update web sites all tell you not to update bios unless you are having a specific problem that the new bios fixes. Newer is not better, it's just different.

LeeJend said:
Duh, put the old Bios back in. The update web sites all tell you not to update bios unless you are having a specific problem that the new bios fixes. Newer is not better, it's just different.
This is some good advice. Write it down and look @ it next time you think of updating your bios.

heh

you should always keep the motherboard flashed to the latest bios. AMD and Intel both supply updated microcode patches failry reglary to bios makers so even if you dont directly suddfer from problems the firmware can improve performance and fix potential bugs or issues in the cpus.

However, the last thing you should be doing is messing with the bios when you dont know what you're doing. Granted youo need to learn somehow, but learn by understanding most of what the configuration options are and how they cann affet your hardware after being reset to default when flashing.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back