Problems with Fx 5200

M

mattyp

Well i tried coolbits and I used it for awhile. only OC'd like 5 mhz core/mem. Well now when I play BattleField 1942(Desert Combat) The damn mouse won't move! It works fine in Unreal Tourn.?! I heard somewhere that when u update drivers sometimes you have problems with the mouse? I just downloaded the Detonator drivers. I'm clueless! Also what is the software called that you use to track the vid card temp?

Originally posted by mattyp
Well i tried coolbits and I used it for awhile. only OC'd like 5 mhz core/mem. Well now when I play BattleField 1942(Desert Combat) The damn mouse won't move! It works fine in Unreal Tourn.?! I heard somewhere that when u update drivers sometimes you have problems with the mouse? I just downloaded the Detonator drivers. I'm clueless! Also what is the software called that you use to track the vid card temp?

which 5200 do you have? the regular or the ultra ?

some card makers incl programs that track your video cards temp...

the 5200 is using old memory... not bga memory which is likely to overclock better... as is.. if you are overclocking.. expect to face possible issues in some games... perhaps you can invest in ram sinks to cool your ram further...

the default clocks of the ultra are 325/650 mhz and the regular 250/400mhz... also the low end 250/400mhz version has 2 version as well... a 64bit and a 128bit version... the 64bit being the lowest low end gf FX...

some manufacturers may use memory that is ONLY rated @ these speeds... therefore going higher may cause problems... remember also that the drivers for the gf FX series enable a 'smart' feature that downclock the card if it feels it is getting too hot... this would imply that you should be able to see the temps in teh control panel of the video card... on second thought :)

try to just play w/o oc's and see if there are problems.. if there are it is not the card... or perhaps not the card alone... but perhaps also the driver issues with bf1942..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back