Problems with Defrag

N

Novdor Traehenu

I'm not sure where to post this and I apologize if I have posted this in the wrong section of the forum...

About three months back, I tried defragging my c: with the windows defragger but it took so long, I gave up and clicked it off (at that time, I did not know defragging took hours).

A few of my files have been compressed but now the problem is, whenever I access disk cleanup, the thing freezes up at compressed old files and this is bugging me cause' my c: is left with 1.16GB and I NEED to clear those old crap.

Oh and besides, powerdefrag (the trial is finished), what other defrag programs would you recommend?

R

RogerPhillis

"Diskeeper Lite" the free version, is definitely better than the default XP version.
MSoft took the idea from that program anyway !

Gus K

NTFS abuser
"Diskeeper Lite" the free version, is definitely better than the default XP version.
After all the hoopla I had to try Diskeeper. Diskeeper defrags, then while using your rig, XP moves files around for better performance. Without adding/changing anything, Diskeeper decides you have to defrag again, basically undoing XP's optimization. Diskeeper moves it, XP moves it, Diskeeper moves it again.

Maybe I'm just lucky but XP totally defrags my drive, why switch?

M

mbunny

Diskeeper doesn't undo XP.

It puts all the fragmented segments together....

It actually checks the XP generated program optimisation list and defragments in that priority.

Just so you know... the defrag in Win 2k and XP are both DiskKeeper lite.

N

Novdor Traehenu

Umm... what about the first problem? What can I do about disk cleanup not being able to run?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut