problems with atomicXP

Syedur

OSNN Addict
Its not actually a problem...
I just don't like some of the alteration of the atomicXP and I want the default settings back... Just want to know if uninstalling will help or not... or how can I revert it?

^^^^ A boost to the top... ^^^^

Someone needs to tell me how to rebert this... cause I didn't create a restore point before installing them... or tell me what's the command for rewinding computer days... i know the dos command has /restore somewhere... but please... this is messing with my shell config.

Thanks.

If you have System Restore active, then just restore back a day from when you ran Atomic. If you don't have have System restore active, I really don't know what to say except "Oops!"

System restore creates it's own restore reference points each day.

You see...

I WAS ABOUT TO CHOCK THE DEVELOPERS OF THE atomicXP

Well... that was a hassle... maybe you should include all the changes that will be done to your computer like taking IE off from your default browser and MS Outlook startup page and "My Documents" icon from the start menu (which i really don't appeciate...) how about a recommandation of "Create a restore point here" on the installation guide????!!!???!!!????

I had to hassle to do the restore point to... now my god-damn computer kept clocking up (freezing) at boot-up screen saying "saving your settings"....

Bah!!! I am really complaining... but you stupid developers...!!! >_<

Originally posted by Syedur
You see...

I WAS ABOUT TO CHOCK THE DEVELOPERS OF THE atomicXP

Well... that was a hassle... maybe you should include all the changes that will be done to your computer like taking IE off from your default browser and MS Outlook startup page and "My Documents" icon from the start menu (which i really don't appeciate...) how about a recommandation of "Create a restore point here" on the installation guide????!!!???!!!????

I had to hassle to do the restore point to... now my god-damn computer kept clocking up (freezing) at boot-up screen saying "saving your settings"....

Bah!!! I am really complaining... but you stupid developers...!!! >_<

I havent tried AtomicXP yet. Personally I try to stay away from these optimizer programs, for many of the same reasons your having problems here, plus I havent seen a "optimizer" program yet that has tweaks that cant be done manually through the registry or other. I just dont trust them because if they screw up the computer, its harder to revert back if you dont know whats been done (or if you dont have SR active :D ).

But mainly, I dont use them because they dont teach you anything. And, its easier if you know what you did, to correct the mess. AND :D...if somethings screws up, I dont have anyone to blame but myself...

Not that I have anything against tools. Theres a lot of tools that can be of great use to you, but IMHO, optimizer tools arent one of them.

It important to use the SR tool when doing customizations you've never tried before. It can be a great lifesave sometimes.

BTW, before I go on, did you ever fix the problem...?

Yes, I have, thanks....

Boy! did I learn my lesson or what... I will try to be more like you I guess... :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back