Problems with ATi Radeon 9700 Pro.

N

Nedreplan

I got myself an ATI Radeon 9700Pro but I never got it to run normally. All the time I got these graphic problems, as you can see on the photo .... and it also look the same during BIOS boot up.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be....plz..:(

and......

... and when WIndows has started it looks like this....

PS: I used the latest Catalyst drivers... and fresh re-installed computer....

its one of a couple of things....

either the card is bad and needs rmaing.. or you have some other issues with the agp slot... I am gonna hazard a guess and say the card is buggered..

that looks like what happens when things are overclocked and the card fries...

consider rma'ing the card... do see if you can test the card in another rig before just to make sure... but it does look like the card is messed up...

try reseating the card ~ if its still the same

looks like your card is fubar

I would take it back to the shop

:(

beat me to it sazar

I thought so ... and was afraid it was something like that....

As I put in a GeForce it was no problems at all... kicked off straight away...

The weird thing was that it worked fine all the way during my installation of Windows, and just when I have finished my installation it started to mess things up :( ... bummer!

that is the same way my new 9500 rpo looks when its installed.

I tried for hours to get it to work... with no luck :confused:

So I guess it is correct what you say... it is not a healthy card.

Anyway ... I exchanged it for a GeForce FX card ... maybe not the same speed and claws, but it works :)

But I do not play so much speed needed games, so...

But... It would have made me happier (and less frustrated) if it would have worked, that was kind of the idea when I got the card. :eek:

Thanks for all the help & ideas :) ... I guess it was not much more I could do with it ..... :(

Originally posted by Nedreplan
I tried for hours to get it to work... with no luck :confused:

So I guess it is correct what you say... it is not a healthy card.

Anyway ... I exchanged it for a GeForce FX card ... maybe not the same speed and claws, but it works :)

But I do not play so much speed needed games, so...

But... It would have made me happier (and less frustrated) if it would have worked, that was kind of the idea when I got the card. :eek:

Thanks for all the help & ideas :) ... I guess it was not much more I could do with it ..... :(

change it from a 256 to a 128mb card if you can and save yourself the bucks... 256mb not likely to do much for you other than perhaps in 3d apps like CAD...

Thanks! I will look into that :) I am not a CAD user so...

Actually... 256 MB .. will it do more "damage" than good?
I mean... it must need more juice to run .... Can games actually suffer from it?

Thanks! I will look into that :) I am not a CAD user so...

Actually... 256 MB .. will it do more "damage" than good?
I mean... it must need more juice to run .... Can games actually suffer from it?

unlikely to be any damage... other than to your wallet :)

you will be unlikely to see a discernible frame rate difference with that card...

the higher end cards with 256mb ram are better suited because of the resolutions and filtering they are using... that card is less lkely to experience the same situaitons therefore the 256mb is un-needed....

you can hang onto it if you wish... your call...

Well, I got it because they did not have any 128 Mb in at the moment :)

I paid something like $ 230 for it, and the 128 Mb should have been something like $ 10 cheaper... so, thought it did not really matter :) ... can't be in the way :eek:

Well, I got it because they did not have any 128 Mb in at the moment :)

I paid something like $ 230 for it, and the 128 Mb should have been something like $ 10 cheaper... so, thought it did not really matter :) ... can't be in the way :eek:

if its only $10 difference... don't worry about it...

just got to no flamers eh this is just too good to let pass

-edit- post edited... even if this is a joke.. there is no need for it :) Sazar

Oh BTW Saz I passed my MSI K7NG2 to my son and got the Gigabyte G7NNXP , hot dog this baby is loaded up to 10 yes 10 hardrives , The MSI was not what I really wanted got it in a hurry cause I had sold my rig :)

Originally posted by Kermit
Oh BTW Saz I passed my MSI K7NG2 to my son and got the Gigabyte G7NNXP , hot dog this baby is loaded up to 10 yes 10 hardrives , The MSI was not what I really wanted got it in a hurry cause I had sold my rig :)

why you need that many ?

server setup ?

Well that is always possible but 8 ide devices and two sata plugs cant be a bad thing just makes it so flexible, I have to say gigabyte does make a solid board, I had forgotten how good they are , I had one with my duron 1100 a ways back :)

very true, the gigabytes are really solid mobos... just got one myself a few months back

as regards the graphics card... im inclined to say the same as the others... graphics card was b0rked - had a very similar situation with an old voodoo3 3000 in my dads computer - I sent ample amounts of monitors back under the 3 year rtb guarantee - realised soon enough it was the graphics card (but they ran out of 15" to send us to try - so they ended up giving us a 17" lol, so im kinda glad we had those problems).

Originally posted by jonifen
very true, the gigabytes are really solid mobos... just got one myself a few months back

as regards the graphics card... im inclined to say the same as the others... graphics card was b0rked - had a very similar situation with an old voodoo3 3000 in my dads computer - I sent ample amounts of monitors back under the 3 year rtb guarantee - realised soon enough it was the graphics card (but they ran out of 15" to send us to try - so they ended up giving us a 17" lol, so im kinda glad we had those problems).

And I am sure your girlfriend or wife was very happy to see you got an extra 2 inches also LOLOL :D

This happened to mine this winter, your only real option is to get a new card. It's beyond help.

Thanks you all :)

That is just what I had to do ... I got the GeForce FX 5600 Ultra, maybe not at the same speed and rate as the ATi-card ... but it works for me.

(I got the Gainward FX Ultra/760 XP Golden Sample)

And I am happy with it. ATi is a good card, but it was not meant for me.

Plus I am used to nVidia, so I stick to them :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back