Problems with ATI Radeon 9500, 128MG

Engineer

OSNN Addict
I just got a new video care, ATI Radeon 9500 Pro, 128 MG and a new Samsung Syncmaster 955DF FlatScreen monitor.

Since the install, I have had the following problems,

When surfing the web IE locks up or the computer boots up,

When Running 3D games I get some weird white graphics in the trees (in the game) and the game will lock up or boot me back to my desk top.

Did not have problems before this installation and I do not think it is the monitor.

1.6 Ghz, P4 Intell
Gigabyte Titan MotherBoard
512 RAM

Any help would be appreciated. thanks

New Drivers

The current version driver I have is dated 10-12-2002 and titled version 6.13.10.6200.

Though I noticed that at the ATI site there was a Catalyst driver date January 2003. I have often thought that this might be the probelm though I am not sure.

Originally posted by Engineer
I just got a new video care, ATI Radeon 9500 Pro, 128 MG and a new Samsung Syncmaster 955DF FlatScreen monitor.

Since the install, I have had the following problems,

When surfing the web IE locks up or the computer boots up,

When Running 3D games I get some weird white graphics in the trees (in the game) and the game will lock up or boot me back to my desk top.

Did not have problems before this installation and I do not think it is the monitor.

1.6 Ghz, P4 Intell
Gigabyte Titan MotherBoard
512 RAM

Any help would be appreciated. thanks

the new drivers are basically to fix open GL problems some people's setups... I doubt that would apply to IE... but might to the games...

now when you installed the card did you do a complete format and clean install of your OS ? its possible that older drivers might be bugging your system...

also check out the tech forums @ www.rage3d.com for problem solving related to 9500 series... that is basically the official un-official ati tech support channel... ati engineers hang out there...

basically try out the NEW cat 3.0 drivers and then if that doesnt work and you have not formatted... go ahead and try that out...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back