Problems with Adobe Flash Player?

madmatt

Awesome is as awesome does.
Political Access
I installed Adobe Flash Player (Version 9) on my new Vista box. However, when I visit YouTube or XM Radio (just to name a couple) I get an error telling me that I need to install Adobe Flash Player. I see that the "add-on" is enabled but I do not see the ActiveX control within the "Downloaded Program Files" or "Uninstall a program" (as it appeared in Add/Remove Programs for XP). I go back to the Adobe Flash Player site and the Flash plays. Same with my own web site which has a Flash intro.

Can anyone resolve this issue? Thank you.

YouTube and XM Radio working just fine and dandy for me Mattyboy.

That doesn't solve my problem!

I got it working. I ran the uninstall tool from Adobe and then reinstalled. This time it added the ActiveX control. Thank you.

I have been having problems with firefox wanted flash, but when it installs it gives an error and says to manual install.

I go to get the flash 9 player, download it, click run and it dosen't do anything. Whats going on?

Are you using Vista x64?

If you are - and have this issue - don't use IE7(x64). Specifically open the (x86) version for compatibility with Flash players. I had that issue for a long while and boy did it bother me.. I never realized I was sometimes opening x64 and sometimes x86, all based on which icon i clicked on (the quicklaunch, or the Dock icon).

Also :

There appears to be a problem with Adobe Flash Player and Vista where web sites will not play Flash related content, even if you follow the link provided and install the player and it said that it was installed.

Navigate to:

C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash

Then right clicked over both 'Flash9b.ocx' and 'FlashUtil9b.exe', and chose properties.

In properties choose the 'security' tab > Click on the 'everyone' account, and the button called 'edit' and then tick the box called 'allow full control' and also choose your own Windows local account name.

Once you have done this for both files run the FlashUtil9b.exe and it should install and update and tell you to restart. Do so and you should find that YouTube and other sites that use flash now work.

My problem ended up being disk cleanup deleting all of my downloaded program files. Whoops.

Instead of running the flashplayer software from the website I had to download it to my desktop and install it from there. It has worked fine since then. Anyone who has Call Of Duty2 will need to do this as the installer requires flash to install the game.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back