• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

problems searching

P

petdevils

hey guys,

nice job on the new site... nice surprise...... don't know if its just me ... but i've been having a hell of a time trying to search the site/forums etc and just thought i'd bring it up just incase someone else has too. keep up the great work... thanks

P

petdevils

ok.. sorry i wasn't more specific....

i tried 3 different times to search for the terms "edit track info windows media player 8" and it keeps taking me to the screen saying:

vBulletin Message
The search term you specified (8) is under the minimum word length (3) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.
If this term contains a wildcard, please make this term more specific.

vBulletin Message
The search term you specified (8) is under the minimum word length (3) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.
If this term contains a wildcard, please make this term more specific.

And it won't let me get any further..... on reflection i tried a different search with fewer terms and they seemed to work... however... i am wondering if perhaps i kept getting this screen because either.. (a) there were too many terms... or (b) there was no results (at the time) and it merely didn't say that......... but then again i'm prolly totally off or using it wrong or something... so thats about as specific as i can get... its prolly just me... thanks again for the site.

P

pothitos

the word you search for has to be at least 3 letters long there fore the word 8 is only 1 letter long :)

P

petdevils

so you can't search for the version number of a product then? thats a bit odd........... without typing the number as a word... or adding decimals and zeros etc... prolly wouldn't get picked up on cause other people wouldn't write that either..... i dunno just ignore me :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies