Problems in My Network

kohlerjd

NTFS User
Hell, hopefully someone can clear up a problem I am having. I have three computer with a variety of hardware and software all running a variety of Windows XP. I have them all networked via ethernet. Recently, I have had a problem with the way the computers are being listed in My Network Places. After a new install of Windows, all the computers are being shown properly by name, such as Kohler1, Kohler2, etc. After downloading all the updates and everything, and after accessing each local partition and/or drive, that partition and/or drive starts showing up as unknown. It only shows up like this on the computer that you are on. All other computers see it correctly in My Network Places. Even though each computers harddrive is showing up as unknown on that computer the network still works. It just bothers me that it is not being shown correctly. Hopefully, I have explained this so that everyone can understand it. Any help that you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks, Jeff.

After troubleshooting for a while I am starting to think that maybe one of the patches off of Microsoft's update site might be causing it. Not sure though.

Might have better luck if this was posted in the networking section.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back