Problems getting files off of CD-Rs

Eck

.user
After a recent format and installation of XP, I was going to put all of my MP3s back on from the CD-Rs that I used to back them up. I had a total of 4 CD-Rs full of MP3s. The first two were fine, got all of the files off. The second two, on the other hand, had problems. It would copy some files to my designated folder just fine. Some of my files weren't able to be copied though. When it went to copy a file that wouldn't work, it would freeze up and then about a minute later it would say "Cyclic Error: Redundancy Check" and gave a few numbers. Weird thing is, I tried to play those MP3s that wouldn't work from the CD and it (Windows Media Player) played them, all the way through too. What's the dealio? No big deal really, I only lost about 20 files. I'll just download those again. I just don't want this to happen in the future.

off the subject, but is there anyway that you could send me that desktop background image? Or tell me where to get it?

Well I don't know if this is the right answer for your problem..but when it happened to me I learned to copy (or drag and drop) the files from the CD/R to any location on my HD. Then I had to change the attributes by unclicking the read only. Worked for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back