problems copying things with knoppix 3.8 live cd

Im using knoppix 3.8 live cd on laptops and im able to mount all drives fine as well as mount a usb key fine. But when i try to copy a file from a hardive to the key or a secondary partition it wil not let me says cant do it. But if i try to copy that same file onto the desktop (ram drive used by live cd) It copys fine. I just cant get the data to a place where i can use it off live cd. Any ideas?

Initilize as active.

I haven't used Knoppix for ages though......

hmm how would you do that. Do you have a better reccomendation for a rescue linux live disk? im open to all flavors. I just need something that is consistent.

There is only one. "Bit Defender". I still have not been able to mount an NTFS volume and do any writin with Knoppix

this is a antivirus. Im looking for something like a live cd. Something that jumps on a computr and can move files if needed.

I don't know if it is something that they have taken out of Knoppix (RW) as I have used it to remove pesky files that wouldn't die from PC's. I have all the *.iso files that I have DL'ed for Knoppix at home, and I am leaving early today. I will check to see what version I was using.

Knoppix 3.6

I have the ISO here. ¿MSN?

It sounds like you are not mounting your USB drive as read/write, what is your mount command?

I have found a rescue CD that is linux based that will let you get at ntfs files.
It is called: System Rescue CD the site for it is www.sysresccd.org

VenomXt said:
to be honest im just plugging it in. and i thought it auto mounts.

permissions are probably wrong on the mount point in question.

chmod 777 /path/to/mnt/point

That will make it read write for everyone. Most of them mount it read/write, it is just the mount point that needs some nudging.

any linux distro can, either using third party software or loading a kernel module, but it is not a safe thing

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back