Problems burning with Nero v5.5.6.4 and WinXP

T

Tek

Just wondering if anyone has this same problem... the configuration is probably something that most people don't do but I thought I would ask anyways....let me list my system first:

2x Intel PIII 800EB CPUs
Abit VP6 motherboard with latest YT bios (including HPT bios)
1GB Kingston PC-133 SDRAM
2x IBM Deskstar 40GB 7200RPM Hard Drive
ATI All-In-Wonder RADEON 8500DV 64M
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum
Pioneer 16x DVDROM Drive
3COM 3C905B-TX 10/100 PCI NIC
Iomega ZIPCD External Firewire 8x4x32 CDR/RW

My video card has 2 firewire ports. My sound card also has 2. I can plug the burner into any of the 4 ports and I get this error message when I try and use Nero.

Nero Error

The burner doesn't show up at all in Nero either. All I can see id the virtual device. I have a PCMCIA Firewire adapter on my laptop and I can use Nero 5.5.6.4 no problems with the same burner.

Any suggestions?

Tek

Do you get the same error message if you plug the cdrw into the video card's firewire port?

Audio HQ is a creative Application for your soundcard.

Do you have the xp drivers from creative for your soundcard?
The audio hq on the creative cd's doesnt have xp support.

Apart from that i don't know

Hope this helps..

--Nick--

Yes I get that message on all 4 ports... I don't think it really cares which port I plug it into... firewire is firewire... they should all be the same. The burning service in XP is not turned off either. I'm also using the ASPI Layer downloaded from this web site (I forgot to mention that in my original post.)

I'm thinking I need to install EasyCD Creator 5.02 or something like that, but then again I didn't have to on my laptop.

Thanks. :)

Tek

HHHmmmmm

Yeah I'm having the same problem with 5.5.6.4 but if I install 5.5.5.1 it works fine... nah....nah....nah.....nah....nah....nah....nah.....nah....(Twilight Zone)
I've got a P3 1Ghz, CUSL2-C Board, Pioneer DVD, HP 8200 series Burner and the holy grail (GF3 Titanium 500).

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back