Problems Burning/Loading Vista

Jewelzz

OSNN Godlike Veteran
I'm using Nero to burn Vista and it seems to burn properly but when I boot up with the DVD in the drive it does nothing. I had a friend try it as well and the same thing happen to him (he used Nero as well). I'd really like to get this installed and give it a whirl. Any suggestions?

does it come up with nothing, as in it just stops on a black screen? or (if you have an os already on the drive) does it just boot normaly?

Bascily, check the boot order in the BIOS, make sure CD/DVD drive is first

It's booting up to DVD. The DVD drive just clicks and it says something like booting from CD. When I open the DVD drive it finishing booting up to my normal OS

are you using the burn cd from iso option?

Edit: I know its obivous but I like to try and get the obivous "doh!" moments out of the way first :p

Just in case you didn't know- Nero 6

Use a DVD RW (saves money when experimenting...)

Make bootable dvd wizard
Image file
browse for the .iso (change from .ima to all files)
Not sure on enable expert settings. (It defaults to floppy. Try HD emulation if default doesn't work.)

OR (My usual way)

With DVD selected
Pick Nero Burning ROM
DVD ROM (Boot)
New
Drag the iso to the project window
It comes up with an error message telling you to use "Burn Compilation" from main menu. And asks if you would like to burn the image instead. Say yes. I know that is a stupid way to get there but it works.

Both these methods have worked for me making bootable disks. Though not with Vista.

Or

You can use the Burn image under recorder in the main menu. This methad has given me some coasters.

leejend - in the file menu there is the burn cd from iso or something - this is the only way nero will burn a working vista dvd or other pre-made bootable iso.

It's under the Recorder menu, actually:

neroiso2ky.png

Hmmm, I have Nero Express guess I'll have to search for Nero

Check this, if it doesn't help read the rest of the post. The option you want in Nero may require scrolling the Express menu down.

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/nero6.html

What version of Nero Express? Does it have an option to make a cd/dvd bootable file. I can't remember, I switched to Ultra V6 last year when they were giving it away for $29 just before V7 came out.

Nuts, I'm winging this from memory. In Nero express I think you can pull up the Nero main menu (then recorder, thanks Net, my bad) I'm forgetting how though. Nero express should still work though I remember having problems getting it to burn ISO's. Doesn't the express wizard have an option for burning a bootable device?

So lets get back to basics. i.e. cheat. Use ISO buster to mount a HD image of the ISO and then use Express to make a bootable DVD of the HD image.

Lord - I don't know about Vista but I have burned bootable disks from iso's from the wizard. The wizard assumes I'm an idiot who can't read the menus and goes and does the correct thing for me. Ultra 6 is the best software I've ever actually paid for.

Some OEM versions of Nero that are included with a PC only have Nero Express with no option to launch the ROM portion which you need to make bootable CD/DVD.

Download the 6 or 7 full install demo.

I've never actually used Nero Express, but I just launched it, and it looks like it has the option to burn disc images as well:

neroexpress2jk.png

Select the "Disc Image or Saved Project" option, pick the Vista ISO file, and burn.

That's the option I used NetRyder, the one that's not working :(

Ouch that hurt. Took me since last night to find and install my Nero express disk. Now the good news.

Click the Nero button at the bottom of the Express Window. That will take you to the manual "Nero Burning ROM" interface. Then follow the instructions from above.
-Select the DVD-ROM (Boot) (you can use default floppy emulation or change it to HD if floppy doees not work, under advanced)
-Select New button
-Recorder - burn image, from main menu
-Select the iso
-Click burn
That should do it

The Express interface does not have an option to make a bootable cd/dvd.

Last edited:
Mine doesn't take me anywhere when I click the Nero button.

try cd burnexr xp pro - it hsas an option "write disk from iso file" that does the same as nero's burn image.

edit: its free and I'm using it myself at the moment. Used it to burn my vista dvd

Another option is ISORecorder
It's a tiny app that adds a "Copy Image to CD" option to your context-menu, so just right-click the Vista ISO file in Explorer, select that option, and burn the disc. I've used it a few times when Nero wasn't installed, and it works well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back