Problems, and more problems and Recovery Console. . .

pjchappy

OSNN Addict
Well,
I have had several different problems w/ my PC over the last few weeks. . .

for instance:
- I had problems connecting to my wireless modem
- Major slow-down in internet speed (other computer sharing the DSL modem had NO slow-down)
- Calendar in Outlook unavailable--so, tried to reinstall Office and it says the set-up file on the CD is messed up (forgot exactly what it said)
- Windows Update wouldn't show and available updates (however, it later downloaded them automatically and said
'updates ready for install')
- and other random problems. . .

So, I have reinstalled the modem stuff, done system restore, scandisk, repair installation, etc.

None of this helped. . . so, I just tried the Recovery Console using the instructions in the post above. . . however, i started doing it and NONE of the specified files in C:\windows\repair are there. . .

what am I to do. . .I do NOT want to reformat!!

p

Office Error. . .

Here is the error when I try to re-install Office:

'This patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer patch package'

I am beginning to hate computers

p

additional problem. . .

I'm not sure if this has anything to do w/ the problems above, but here is another problem I've been having that I forgot to mention.

My Exchange account at my school won't load up. I can go to the page, sign in, and Exchange loads up. However, the page where my files (e-mails) should load up, the page just sits there and says 'loading'. . . and it never does anything. . .

I really hate computers right now. . . . REALLY hate them!

:)

p

Recovery Console

Any clues on why the files are missing for the Recovery Console procedure???

thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back