Problem..

C

Childboy

ok.. i don't know since when i start getting this type of errors

The instruction at "0x00415e22" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".

It didn't bother me back then so I ignored it

Now it starts annoying me because quite a few applications also give me this error and crashes..

How may I fix it without format/install?
Please help me.
Help is deeply appreciated.

First thing you want to do is run a diagnostic on your ram.

only thing you can do is test your memory, take all out except one stick, if it doesn't give you an error switch and put a new stick in, and continue untill you find the RAM that is giving you the problem. If none of the ram give you errors after that check your RAM slots alternate. that in a nut shell is about all you can do!

Ok thx for the info, but even after I tried every ram stick individually on every slot the problem presist...
Arrg.. =(

Anyone else know a possible fix?
I don't think it's quite possible for both ram sticks and both slots die, right? =/

anything is possible, but I highly doubt it! Do you get the same memory error every time? what programs have you ran that give you this error? How long has this been going on now? When you get an error message in windows like that it could also be a program. but you said, "quite a few applications also give me this error" which leds me away from that, have you tried a sys. restore(don't see how it would help much but its worth a shot)?

I get the same address everytime for each program
no i have disabled sys restore..
it's been around for bout a month or two..

programs are such as
DivX Playa
Winamp (it's a plugin that's causing this, but no one else using that plugin reported that problem, so it must be me)
Warcraft III Spell Editor
and a few others which i can't think off top my head

thx for being patient at me

EDIT: Also at about the same time i started getting NO_MORE_IRP_STACK_LOCATIONS BSODs.. could they be linked? Sorry cuz i'm quite new to this

The plugin may be causing the BSOD error, you might want to check all your drivers and try to remove the WMP plugin to see if that helps. As for the Memory error they could be linked but it could also be a bad stick, also have you installed any new hardware. and what are your specs. so I can look into this more?

nono I get the BSOD else where

nah it couldn't be a bad stick cuz I've been using it for a yr..
it didn't screw up till recently

I have
Pentium 4 1.8a Northwood
1gig DDR SDRAM
80g 7200 rpm Maxtor HD
WinXP Pro
SB Live! Value
DVD/CD ROM
48x12x48 CDRW

Try going to here and downloading memtest86. It creates a diskette you can boot from and which does a thorough memory test.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back