Problem with word 2000

M

merle2503

Hi,
it's just a little problem but it annoys me!
Every time I finish word I get the message that there is a problem. I reported it to Microsoft for several times...nothing.
I de- installed word and re installed...nothing changed.
I tried to run it under win 98...nothing changed.
Is there any idea what can I do ?
Thanks for help!
Merle

If the file "Normal.dot" is corrupt or write protected the word will not be able to save any changes in the layout of word you have made.

It saves this file every time you close word.

the easiest way to check this is to delete the file and word will make a new copy next time you run it.

Hi,
I found the file (by "searching"), I deleted it, but I have the same problem. I did not have the problem with OS win 98 SE. I had it since I updated to windows XP.
Merle

Yikes,

Well mines here...

C:\documents and settings\owner\apllication data\microsoft\templates

Yes: every time I want to close word, I get a message: "Word for windows has found a problem and must be finished." Then they want me to send a message to microsoft. Unfortunately I cannot copy this message (I tried with copy and paste, but it doesn't work). I tried out all the compabilty modes, but it doesn't work with any of them.
Merle

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back