Problem with WindowsUpdate

delta4s

BLACK HAWK ALOFT
i get the following error on windowsupdate.com

Windows Update cannot continue because a required service application is disabled. Windows Update requires the following services:
Automatic Updates enables detection, downloading, and installation of critical updates for your computer.
Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) enables faster, restartable downloading of updates.
Event Log logs Windows Update events for troubleshooting. To ensure that these services are enabled:

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. Type services.msc and then click OK.
3. In the list of services, right-click the service name, and then click Properties.
4. In the Startup type list, select Automatic.
5. Verify that the service status is started.

If this does not resolve the problem you may request help from one of the following resources.

I checked and saw that the background intelligent transfer service was running and RPC was also running. I tried to stop the service and start it again, but it still didnt work. I am using a legit copy of Windows XP Professional - updated to SP2.
Please help me out, sorry, if this has been posted here before.

Yeah, I get this all the time, even after I check everything they say to check.
I can't seem to find the KB article on that specific code though.

I think it's caused by either the script blocker or firewall coz Windows Update works when I disable it.

it doesnt work even with my firewall off. Should I disable the Active content script blocker ? Shouldnt it put a message at the top of IE if that was a problem ?

You need to have the service named Automatic Updates enabled and should be set to automatic.

Attachments

• au.jpg
    au.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 62
American Zombie said:
You need to have the service named Automatic Updates enabled and should be set to automatic.

Yes that fixed it, Thanks a lot :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back