Problem with Windows sounds in XP

• Thread starter inVINCEible
  • Start date
I

inVINCEible

I'm using the onboard sound on an Asus A7V333, and sound for winamp, games, and other stuff work perfectly. However, when I get any Windows sounds (error messages, etc), only a fraction of the sound is played. I'm using the drivers that came with the mobo, and I've also tried the newest drivers from windowsupdate.com. Does anyone know what this could possibly be?

Other Computer Stats:
Asus A7V333
Athlon XP 2100+
Asus GeForce4 MX 440
512MB PC2700

Thanks!

Someone else had the same problem but I don't think they have found a fix......yet.

I found someone else that uses an Asus and XP and has the same problem as I do.. I wonder why I didn't hear about this before I got the mobo. :( I'm going to stick an SB in the computer and hope that fixes it.

NO!!!!!!!!! dont' throw in a SB. Creative + XP = problems and crappy sound.

Try hercules or turtle beach

I've found out that this is a pretty common problem with people that use Asus' and XP.. I wonder why I hadn't heard about this before.. and why there isn't a solution. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back