problem with VPN and Alcatel home->pro

V

Vsync

I'm creatnig a VPN server and trying to log into it from my comp,
and it won't pass Verifying.
i've turned the internal modem's firewall off.

why does it happen ? its worknig for 3 of my friends without problems.

also, i can't get external pings for some reason [ppl can't ping me, but i can myself]

Heineken Man

Are you sure you have "all" firewalls configured properly or disabled? The reason I am asking because you have described common symtoms of a firewall issue e.g. You can ping behind the network but no one can ping you from outside. Something has to be blocking them. What modem/router combo are you using I may be able to help. I do this all day long for SBC customers....

Later,
Heineken Man

ok, I've solved all the problems, exept how to define the
subnetmask to someone that connects to my VPN, and why
can't more than 1 be connected at the same time

The subnet mask is normally 255.255.255.0. That means "all computer with the same first three numbers". 255 means "same as me" and 0 means "any number". Just compare the two IP:s to determine the appropriate netmask.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back