Problem with shell32.dll

MeFo

el mafioso
Hello,
Ive been fighting with the krystal shell32.dll icons for about 3 months, and so far, the original shell won
after replacing the shell32.dll ( yes, i removed every protection to the file in the XML file ), I reboot in safe mode w/ command prompt, and replace the file, and after reboot, its ok, but after 2 or 3 reboots, or after 5 or 6 days of uptime, slowly, the original icons begin to appear, this is really bugging me off
Could some one tell me a step by step for dummies of how to replace the dll, that wont change itself in a matter of days?
thx in advance

MeFo

Bman

OSNN Veteran Original
How it worked for me....

Rename the original shell32.dll to shell32.dll.bak

Drag the new shell32.dll into that same folder [system32]

Restart computer...

I had trouble but if you have TweakUI, at the bottem where it says 'Repair' it has an option to restore icons.

I clicked that and all my icons changed to the new shell32.dll!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amanda99