Problem with saving .gif images

M

Mrs. Yoda

Hi all,
As a Windows XP user I came across this Forum and I hope you can help me out.

If I want to save (by right-clicking on a Gif image) I can't save the images as a .gif image.
When I rightclick on the image the pop-up I get says: "image name":
and under this there's "save image as": BMP*.
And that's THE problem, I can't change that BMP* into anything else. Not into JPEG, Not into GIF, only BMP*.
Can somebody please tell me what I can do to fix this???

Thanks a 1,000,000

Ah, I don't know if I fully understand (not too bright myself), but if the image you want to save is a .GIF on a webpage, you should be able to right-click on it and choose "Save Picture As..." and a box will pop up asking where you want it saved. At the bottom of this box is a "Save As Type:" drop down with options as to which picture format you can choose.

It's native format should always be one of the options (70% of the time it is a .JPG and .BMP is always the other option)

So unless the picture on the webpage is in fact a .GIF, you won't be able to save it as .GIF unless you save it to your computer in any other format and use PhotoShop etc to convert it to .GIF

Now if it really is a .GIF on the webpage, and you still can't save it, then I have no idea...

Good Luck!

simple test

To try that, try saving Herkalees' avatar (that big, funny, yellow smiley :D ). If the problem persists, I have no clou what-so-ever. If you can save the smiley as a gif image, that means that the images you were trying to save before, weren't gif's. Let us know.

Greetz

Lukas

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back