Problem with psu or cpu???

S

sabwafare2001

Well today my new Athlon Xp 1800+ arrived and when I put everything together and turned it on, all the lights beeped and flashed it also booted up I believe. However, the monitor did not show the first screen that usally comes on showing the type of processor, the amount of RAM and so on. So I switched monitors with my other computer, and the same thing happened. So I switch video cards and still it happened. I also cleared CMOS and the same thing happened. So I now I just decided to put my old cpu back in so I could come here and get some help. So what could the problem be.

300W
+3.3V = 20A
+5V = 30A
+12V = 10A
+5VSB = 2A
-5V = 0.5A
-12V = 0.8A

ECS K7S5A [1/12/2k2]
AMD Athlon 1.0Ghz T-bird
256MB PC2100
80GB IBM 7200rpm, 20GB 5400rpm
Lite-on 24x10x40
Lite-on dvd 16x
Video Magic 64mb Video card
300W power supply

What screen did it show if any? How many beeps are you hearing when you go to startup? Look in your motherboard manual & see what that number of beeps mean.

It sounded like it booted up as usual, but I did not see anything.

Mine does the same thing. Right after the point, of showing the amount fo RAM and CPU speed, the screen will show.

some boards, like all my intels have a quickbook/silent boot options that turn off that screen so you dont have to look at it all the time but if you hit tab it flashes back

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back