Problem with Photoshop 6.0

N

nubs

Hello everyone, my problem is kinda complicated I think.

I have photoshop 6.0 installed and it used to run fine. Lately it takes upwards of 75 seconds to open it up. Im running an AMD 1900 xp with 512 megs of ram and have over 11 gigs of open space on one drive and 13 gigs of open space on another. When I load Photoshop 6.0 up it gives me this message.

"Photoshop's scratch file and Windows Page file volume are on the same drive, please change Photoshops scratch file to drive other than the one being used by windows." or somehting to that effect.

I've tried reinstalling ps, deleting preference and settings files can anyone give me a definitive way to fix this problem? I've even changed the scratch file to another drive while the page file system was on my main drive. This really sucks pelase help!

I can't promise this will help, but here's what I'd try:

I'd move the paging file to any drive other than my boot drive (where XP is located). I'd set the size of the paging file for 768 - both minimum AND maximum (cuts way down on fragmentation within the page file).

After rebooting, I'd then uninstall and reinstall Photoshop.

Worth a shot.

Maybe this will help:

Preferences > Memory & Image Cache
Set the Physical Mem to 60-75%(max.)
Then close Photoshop and start again....

Did you install new plugins like KPT or so this will sometimes couse a lot of strange problems..If you did try to close the new ones and try again.

Good luck!

No go!

Crap guys, neither of those suggestions worked. ANyone else have any ideas?

Update

So this is what I have found out concerning my problem, when I log on as a seperate user the problem does not occur. PS loads up perfectly so I'm thinking it has to do with my user configurations, but when I delted them it just created new ones and I get the same problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back