Problem with NERO on XP

M

Mr Confused

Has anyone got any ideas about nero not working propperly with XP, I've downloaded the latest version 5.5 and XP still comes up with an error saying that some drivers are conflicting and they've been dissabled.

The only copying software i'm using is nero and the problems not there before the damb programs loaded. Any ideas anyone??

Probably a conflict with some other driver, program, or service. I'd try using MSCONFIG to disable all the background stuff you don't need, as well as updating all the drivers in your system. Then give it a try.

I use Nero 5.5.8.0 with my Wintendo XP and they run smoothly together, so you must be having some conflicts elsewhere.

Good luck.

Nero

Have you disabled the CD burning service that is built into the OS?
I can't remember the name of the service but I know it is there.

burning service?

how do i get to that to disable it?

How to disable the service.. or any service really

Just right click on my computer, then go to 'manage', from there you will see at the bottom, services and applications.. expand that directory and you'll see services.. in there are all kinds of fun things.. one of which is the cd-burning service.. I'm not sure exactly the name of it.. IMAPI cd-rom COM burning service I think.. anyhow.. right click on that, go to properties.. and then click on stop.. then change the automatic to manual..

Give that a try.

Cheers :D

g_raff

It's called IMAPI CD burning COM service. click start - run, then type MSCONFIG. click on the second to last tab, then scroll down. it should be towards the bottom of the list. I don't know if that'll help though, because it's still enabled on my machine and I burn with Nero all the time.:confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back