Problem with MSN Messenger 7 beta

rotjong

OSNN Senior Addict
I've tried installing and trying a few of the beta builds. I just tried build 0425 again. The problem is that when I try to login using the v7 beta builds I get the following error message.

Signing in to .NET Messenger Service failed because the service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

Click the Help button to check the current service status.

If I uninstall and go back to v6.2 build 0137 it works fine.

Has anyone else had a problem like this and if so did you find a way to resolve it?

rotjong

What OS are you running?
Do you have a firewall?

jimi_81 said:
What OS are you running?
Do you have a firewall?

Yeah, sorry. I was a bonehead by not providing that info. My brain was somewhere else.

Here are my system specs:

Windows XP Pro SP2 with all updates applied (XP Firewall is not running)
Sygate Pro v5.5 build 2710

I've tried with Sygate running and w/o. It makes no difference.

Bleh.

rotjong

Problem solved. For some reason the betas were mysteriously throwing in proxy settings that shouldn't be there. Once I blanked out the proxies the problem was resolved.

rotjong

i cant wait untill its final. I hope they take that damn nudge thing off cause my gf keeps using it and it pisses me off :).

TittleBitties said:
i cant wait untill its final. I hope they take that damn nudge thing off cause my gf keeps using it and it pisses me off :).
Threaten to block her. :p

TittleBitties said:

Why not change your preferences to not allow people to send you nudges?

rotjong

lol...i must of missed that. I will do that and then i can keep doing it to her and i wont get any back :).

once someone drops to the floor with a seizure, the nudge feature will be permanently removed.

whats the point of it? To give people headaches and have boyfriends bitch at there girlfriends?

Admiral Michael said:
You can disable nudges.

Preferences>Messages>Allow people to send my nudges

Doing that though means that you can't send nudges either. However, if you install the patch from Mess.be, that will allow you to still send nudges but your window won't shake but the other person's will :)

I can't find a way to link to the page on Mess.be so here are the instructions as to how to get there:

1. Go to www.mess.be.
2. Go to the "all downloads" section.
3. Type in "mess patch" (without the quotes).
4. Go for the version of MSN Messenger that you are using (0425 for most people I would imagine).

Great patch and it removes most of the advertising in MSN Messenger 7 as well. The only piece it hasn't got rid of is the "click here to customise your MSN" in the chat windows :(

Stu said:
Doing that though means that you can't send nudges either. However, if you install the patch from Mess.be, that will allow you to still send nudges but your window won't shake but the other person's will :)

I can't find a way to link to the page on Mess.be so here are the instructions as to how to get there:

1. Go to www.mess.be.
2. Go to the "all downloads" section.
3. Type in "mess patch" (without the quotes).
4. Go for the version of MSN Messenger that you are using (0425 for most people I would imagine).

Great patch and it removes most of the advertising in MSN Messenger 7 as well. The only piece it hasn't got rid of is the "click here to customise your MSN" in the chat windows :(

NICE :D Thanks. Allows alot of nice options, like disable the ad and adding a remove tabs check box.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back