Problem with Mac Desktops on windows

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political Access
I have a prob when I running a mac type desktop on windows (where the task bar is at the top). What happens is when I maximize a window the title bar goes underneath the taskbar. Is there any way to stop this ?? and is anyone else having this prob ??

I know what you mean and get this w/ all the new themes I have tried since moving my taskbar to the top :( I would very much like to know if there is a "fix" also

I sometimes encounter the problem when the window is not fully maximized. I just have to right-click the entry on the taskbar, and select Maximize, and it goes back to being normal.
I know it's not a fix as such, but it's a workaround, I suppose. :)

i used to get this, but then i stopped being cheap and bought a mac :p

the real thing is much better anyway :D

thekore said:
i used to get this, but then i stopped being cheap and bought a mac :p

the real thing is much better anyway :D

I want a mac. But don't know if I am ready for it yet ..

Johnny if you can get the funds, go for it... the transfer is seemless, you can get all the software you need.
i have used DOS 6.0+ Windows 3.1 / 3.11 / 95 / 98 / ME / 2K / XP / Longhorn
Linux Gentoo / BSD / Slackware (the best *nix ;)) / Mandrake / Suse / RH / Fedora / Ark Linux...... the list goes on (probably on the verge of 20 distros, maybe more)
and OSX :D

out of all them OSX wins hands down

when / if you go for a mac get plenty of memory tho, i have 640 PC2700 ;)

anyway, lets get back On Topic :)

Thanx for the info TheKore.

Now back on topic. Does anyone know of a good way to stop this.

O.k I figured it out .. All you have to do is unlock the taskbar :) It was so simple to fix, yet so easy to bypass lol ..

Johnny said:
O.k I figured it out .. All you have to do is unlock the taskbar :) It was so simple to fix, yet so easy to bypass lol ..
not really the fix I want as I knew of this already .. not a "true" fix :/

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back