problem with internet explorer

B

bisher

hi
i am having a o problem with internet explorer where every time i open a site in new window it immediatly gets sent straight to the taskbar. i then have to maximize it to view the page. if i just click the link in the taskbar it shoots off the screen.
i have checked the internet options but there is no setting to just maximize the window.
if anyone can help it would be appreciated.

bisher

Try this. Open a new window and when it shoots down to the taskbar, maximize it, then immediately close the window. Don't do anything else in the window, just close it. Now open a new window and see if it still happens.

Did this just start, or have you recently installed/caught something? Have you tried a virus scan? Are you running XP, maybe a System Restore would help.

Try going into Tools=> Internet Options=> Advanced, and restore defaults.

seems that the new window is restored out of the screen
right click in the new window on the taskbar, go to move, and with the arrows in the keyboard try to make the window appear in the screen
good luck!

yes i tried the restore defaults 1st. i have no virus and i'm running xp pro.
i have tried the move option from the task bar ,and the top bar of the window is just visable in the top left corner of the screen so i can drag and make it bigger but as soon as i close it and try again it does the same.
weird.
thanks again

really weird
you can try deleting Window_Placement value in the registry in
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main

managed to sort it myself by trial and error.
to anybody who also has this problem in the future, what you have to do is right click the taskbar and scroll to cascade windows.
well its one way to sort it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back