Problem with Internet Connection Firewall

jojopet

OSNN Junior Addict
using Windows HP home.
When I go to the advance tab and click to enable my connection firewall I get the following message:

"An error occurred while Internet Connection Sharing was being enabled. the Dependency Service or group failed to start".

I am the only computer in the house on the web. I have never enabled internet connection sharing.
I have uninstalled the driver for my network card and reconfigured my internet connection, yet I continue to get this error message which fails my attempt to turn my firewall on. Help!

I checked these and it appears ok. Do I even need ICS if it's a sole computer?

ijust noticed that when I go to the Internet Connection Firewall service (ICF) I get a similiar error when trying to start it. The error is a dependency group failed to start (error 1068). Looking at the dependencies the only one that cannot be manually started is the Remote Access Connection manager. I'm connected via cable, so since that has a dependency on "telephony" i'm wondering if it's normal for that to not be able to be started without a modem? Bottom line is I cannot start the Firewall while in the services.mcs screen as well....

Any messages in the event viewer from Service Control Manager that names the services it cant start?

from computer management or from the run box "eventvwr.msc"

Look under the System section.

and:Remote Access Connection Manager failed to start because it could not create buffers. Restart the computer. Access is denied.

I am the only adm. and user acct on system. restarting fails to change this.

Remote Access Connection Manager failed to start because it could not create buffers. Restart the computer. Access is denied.
and this:
Remote Access Connection Manager failed to start because the Point to Point Protocol failed to initialize. The request is not supported.
IT ALL APPEARS TO RELATE TO the RACM

How did you find that? I did do a reistall of XP over my old XP last week, so i reinstalled Service Pak1 and I was able to active the firewall after rebooting. THANKS! I tried searching Technet with some of the terms listed in the symptoms, but I got nowhere. What's your secret?

I just google searched for "Remote Access Connection Manager failed to start because it could not create buffers"

Hit number one! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back