problem... with installin applications and windows xp restartin

Q

quakegod

well .. i've got this problem ...
which has been going on for abt 1 1/2 months...
i have an AMD Athlon 1 ghz overclocked to 1.3 ghz.. with 256 MB SD RAM..
now.. the problem is that... windows xp restarts itself in the middle of any installation process...
when i was installin quake 3 arena.. it jus restarted by itself at abt 25 % of the installation ....even durin a PHOTOSHOP installation it restarted by itself...
i cant install any type of software on my WINDOWS XP..
can anyone please help me out in rectifying this problem .. ??

ok, you say youre o/c, right? i assume that you have a proper cooling system so your pc doesnt restart with the heat. have you tried underclocking your system to a stable number (1 ghz, right?) and try installing.

hope it works, Apu

Also if you go to my computer\properties\advanced\startup & recovery you can untick automatically restart. From memory you will then get a box telling you what is going on or you could look at the system log but I don't know where it is stored.

hey i got an another error when i was intallin the old game WORLD CUP 98....
they showed that blue screen
beginning dump of physical memory..
and in caps it was written .. PAGE LOADED IN NON PAGE AREA..or something like that..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back