Problem with Combi CD-RW/DVD-Rom

mac1

OSNN Addict
Hi all
I have built a new computer for a friend and have found a funny problem.

The Internal Combi CD/DVD drive with S!PWMx2 technology won't write to CD-R disc's and also it won't read "Mirror Platinum" 4.7gb DVD disc's that have been recorded on my computer. it will read a CD disc and a DVD disc off a magazine ok.

both computers use Roxio Easy CD-DVD Media Creator 7,

I have noticed some people on the net are having the same problem.

any ideas how to fix this problem.

mac

this is the first time i have installed a combi drive because he said it was cheap. never again, i will stick to my Sony DVD and NEC-DVD-DL any-day.

Maybe a silly question, have you updated the software to the latest release?

If you mean Roxio Easy CD-DVD Media Creator 7, yes i did that.

if you mean the firmware for the drive, surely it should not need that already, the only difference is this computer is running WinXP Home Edition 32bit, and the computer is a AMD Athlon 3000+ 64bit, but this should make no difference.

ps: Lee about you advert for Howard, don't we here/see enough of the elections without seeing it on a help forum for computers, before you get high i'm only joking.

mac

I found out the reason why it was not writing to cd-r disc's was the folders/files i was trying to copy had somehow become "read-only",
As for not reading some dvd-r disc's, i unplugged all the cables and then reconnected them and now it's reading all the disc's ok.
is that weired or what.
anyway it's now buzzing away like a hover on heat.

It's the first combo cd-rw/dvd-r i have bought and when i build another computer i think i will stick to drives like my own, a NEC 3500a DL & Pioneer DVR-106D which i have never had any trouble with.

thanks anyway

mac

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back