Problem with case

one.123

-0-;;
alright, i was putting together my comp, and when i put the motherboard in, it wouldn't exactly match with the area where the ports stick out. So i sorta pushed it and screwed it in and it fit enough. so then i started to put my sound card in, and it wouldn't fit, it would stick out a little bit but it would match perfect where it screws in with the case. im thinking its because of my motherboard. its a A8v deluxe and has that little backplate on it for the amd heatsink. im thinking about cutting a part of the case out so it fits evenly...anyone have this problem or any info i could use?

update: im going to go ahead and try to run the comp with the tite fit. but another problem has occured, when i connect the power to the computer and turn the switch to on, it makes a high pitch noise and is not able to power up, noise does not stop until switch is turned off.

i agree. a new case is definitely in order. if the pci slots don't line up you are going to have to butcher the case. you can get a great starter case that your board will fit in from 25.00-40.00. an then you get creative with the case. ie; case window, lighting, fans, paint job or go all out and get a high line case, th choice is up to you. one place to check out is http://www.xoxide.com/allcases.html . they always run good deals and most cases include de-branded antec PSU's.

it could be "fecked" completly? the psu or the whole comp? mabye i put a plug in the wrong spot??

the reason why i recommended the new case is that you want to be able to have a "clean fit". you want to be to have room for expansion. not only that if somwhere down the line you want to upgrade the motherboard or psu, you'll have the room and right case to do it with. shoving a board in to a case it really doesn't fit into, you risk voiding the warranty for the board and all connected equipment should one of the componets short out because of the "tight" fit.
It's all about doing it right the first time. I'm sure you have taken some pride in the fact you are building it yourself. do the job right, so you can enjoy your work for a long time. that's my humble opinion on your situation. post back and let us know what you decide to do.

If you have to "smush" the mobo and the components into the case, get a new case, just not worth the headache of a short or damage to a pricy vid card, etc.

yes your right, the psu shorted, had to get a new one, and i got a new case, system is up and running now, thanks for all the responses

alright another problem....case is overheating, or so it seems by my case's temp monitor. when i first turn it on, it starts @ 19c, then as i idle the comp, it raises to 31c, when i run games, it comes to 35-38c, and after a long period raises to around 41c. it hasn't been above that yet. so i was wondering maybe the temp sensor is in a bad spot(i haven't looked....) or my case is just getting hot. only one big fan in the back. any ideas?

Well 41C under full load is not that bad, mine can run as high as 45-48C under full load and I have allot of fan cooling going on.

Maveric is right - my case is currently at 48oC - if I were you I could live with those temps. And it is also possible your thermistor is near other warm parts - the point of the readout is more to tell you about rises and falls than a true ambient temp because any case is goind to have some hot spots and some cooler areas.

MB and case sensors aren't very reliable (my MB sensor doesn't even work). The CPU temp is a better indicator if the overall system is too hot.

As long as the new case has a front inlet fan and a back exhaust fan (in addition to the power supply fan) it should be ok.

i would just buy another cooling fan do take the air out and another to push cold air in thereby creating a flowing stream of air, this works best plus it only costs $30 or so for both fans, a cooler system creates a faster more realiable system.

lancer said:
i would just buy another cooling fan do take the air out and another to push cold air in thereby creating a flowing stream of air, this works best plus it only costs $30 or so for both fans, a cooler system creates a faster more realiable system.

All depends if you can take the NOISE of all that rushing air - then again if you are fragging hard with 5.1 spkrs up high - hell who cares I suppose? :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back