Problem with an abit mobo

W

WuGgaRoO

ok i have an Abit IT7, but i always get this silly error. It literally makes no sense
this is what i get

"bios rom checksum error
error in keyboard or missing keyboard"

i got an enermax 350 watt psu, so i doubt its that and my keyboard is plugged into the usb port (since its a usb only mobo) i have a microsoft natural keyboard pro

it has no ps/2 ports at all? using a usb mouse and keyboard.? never changed the bios ?

I was going to get that board, try switch your K&M around, and putting them in the top primary slots. Check advanced bios for where it should "always" detect.

chance maybe wrong bios and prob started after update? intel made a usb only 810 board with special bios not to look for ps/2 ports...... but would take any flash and if wrong one would.....

maybe keyboard went bad... stranger things have happened

well...so far the second to last poster was right. I followed his advice. I changed the posistion of the keyboard and the mouse and put it in usb set 1. I shut off my comp for an hour plus, came back and i did not get the error....

NOPE!!! that didnt work...grrr..does anyone else have any suggestions?

Could this by anychance be caused by the powersupply?

i believe i played around with that and set it to manual and then i gave the usb its own irq. but if i didnt then i sure will

Maybe a new driver for the USB?
If it's not the newest now. Update it???

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back