Problem with 3Com NIC in WinXP?

P

picachuX

Hi, i just moved from a Shuttle Ak31 v.3 to a Asus A7V333 motherboard, and now i get a screen on booot up that says MBA... Initializing and then Press N to boot from Network! Anyway i can remove this from coming up, it didnt come up on my old Motherboard, Thanks for any help!

I checked the screen MBA... and its a app called Managed PC Boot Agent v4.30. I never installed this nor have i ever seen it, any help on removing it?

I had the same thing with a 3com

what i did was pull it out and just bought a new NIC. They're cheap enough!

Or I could suggest that you pull it out, remove the driver, reboot. Then reinstall it and reboot.

All it is, is giving you a option to boot from network if avalible. it shouldn't really slow anything down. it's just a useful feature built into newer nics and most onboard nics, most home users would never use it, it's used in corporations where the computer loads the os and apps from a central server and not from the local disk.

Q, sorry to disagree, but with the 3 com card (at least the one I had that was a year old) it does add a significant amount of time to the boot process.

Don't hate me for disagree, you are stil da man

Well i checked some pages on 3COM and i found a Dos Diagnostic Prog to Disable the Boot PROM in the NIC and now its gone and NIC is running perfectly!

I have a 3com

My card does the same thing but it only takes like 2-5 seconds before it bypasses it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back