Problem with 2nd network card

Bootsy

Huh?
ok, I have a linksys card installed in my com puter. I wanted to connect a 2nd card in order to network. I install the card phisically with no problem, but when XP tries to install the driver (or I do it manually) it has a problem. It tells me that there was a problem (code 1). I know it is not the card being faulty becsause I tried it with a third card that I know works. I tried moving it to different PCI slots and nothing. Any suggestions would be helpfull thanx

Is there any more information with the Code 1?

Also, can I get details on the rest og your hardware?

JJB6486

No....it just says:
CANNOT INSTALL THIS HARDWARE DEVICE
and on the bottom:
Data is invalid (Code 1)

I have an asus thunderbird mobo with an athlon 1000mhz. Gforce 2 gts vid card, Sound blaster pro sound card, Other linksys net card, 768mgs ddr ram...etc

I talked to the linksys people and they have no clue what the problem is.

They could be fighting for the same interrupt. What was the 3rd card that you tried? Was it a different make/model from the Linksys pair that you are trying to use? You could *try* to manually assign an IRQ and memory range to one, and then install the other.

However, did you make SURE the other Linksys works by removing the original one and just using the second one by itself? That way you know that they card works fine before you start fiddling with things unecessarily.

yea they all work individually...andf the 3rd card is a kingston...like 2 years old...10m

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back