Problem When Opening Folder

brocher

OSNN Senior Addict
I keep getting this problem everytime i open a folder. Don't know whats causing itor why it's happening, can anyone help?

Attachments

• Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 98
seems like memory is overflowing or soemthing like that try restarting

"Overflowing"??

Sounds more like it's broken. Try running memtest ( http://www.memtest.org/ ) for a while. If it says it's ok, it's more likely a software issue. Reinstall might be a godd idea then.

Yeah, an explorer error like that that happens even after a restart usually means some memory is bad. It's pretty common.

Does it ONLY happen when you open a folder, and not when you do other things? If so, would that be a memory problem, or an explore.exe prob?

can you just run that wpa thing? to repair damaged windows files?
whats that called again.. WPA?

i get that every so often

What is WPA? I have downloaded the memtest files but what do i do with them?
Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.gz)
Memtest86+ V1.40 source code (.tar.gz).
Do i have to put everything on cd or what, not sure how to do this?
Can anyone help?

I think Jimi means an SFC /scannow - no ideawhere he got WPA from :confused:

For memtest it is really simple - get a floppy, run the exe, it will make a bootable floppy, put in drive, reboot and go (leave to cook for at least twelve hours to test each 512 MB of RAM I would say)

Gimme reps if I helped :p

brocher said:
What is WPA? I have downloaded the memtest files but what do i do with them?
Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.gz)
Memtest86+ V1.40 source code (.tar.gz).
Do i have to put everything on cd or what, not sure how to do this?
Can anyone help?
If you want to use a cd:
http://www.memtest.org/download/1.40/memtest86+-1.40.iso.zip
Unpack and burn the iso to a cd.

If you want to use a floppy:
http://www.memtest.org/download/1.40/memtest86+-1.40.floppy.zip
Unpack somewhere and run install.bat. The floppy might not be readable by Windows afterwards, but this is ok.

Then just reboot your computer with the cd or floppy in the drive and make sure that the computer boots from either the cd-rom or the floppy drive (this is a setting in BIOS btw). Memtest will start automatically. Start a test and leave it running for a few hours (until it says it's passed at least once anyway).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back