Problem W/File and Folder Tasks in Windows Explorer

S

Sarge

I have just reinstalled XP Pro. Since reinstallation Windows Explorer will only open in Folders view and in My Documents. I have tried a few of the suggestions here, however nothing will change how Windows Explorer opens.

Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sarge

Try tis & see how you go>

Open up the shortcut for Windows Explorer right click on it & choose properties. Put this in the target area.
%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /e,c:

That Solved part of the problem.

That solved the My Documents part of the problem, but I still can't get it to open with the File and Folder Tasks Pane showing.

Thanks

Sarge

This is how to make my computer open with folder view. Maybe you could try reversing it somehow for what you want. Don't forget to do a system restore just in case it is not what you want & you can't get back.

How to Make My Computer Open in Explore Mode With Folder List

In My Computer click Tools menu, and then click Options.
Click the File Types tab. In the list of file types, highlight "(NONE) Folders"
Click Advanced button, In the Actions box, highlight "Explore" Click "Set Default"

You could try this command for your shortcut:
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe /n,C:

VIEW - EXPLORER BAR - FOLDERS

Is that what you are looking for?

yoyo your suggestion worked

The problem appears to be solved.

Thanks for the help

Sarge

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back