Problem w/ Desktop Border

G

gh057

When I use low resolutions (under 1024x768). I have black borders . When i use a higher resoulution the screen is full border. however even when i use the higher resoulution this issue occurs within games, the screen is like the one you see in the attachment. thanks

Attachments

• img071.jpg
    img071.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 180
Do you need to be switching between screen resolutions? If not, pick the one resolution you want to run and then make the appropriate adjustments on the monitor.

normally my desktop resolution is fine, i use 1024x768, how ever when i play games such as.. starcraft. there is no 1024x768 support, only 640x480, therefor i am forced with boards.

i dont just mean star craft, any game where i am forced to use a lower resolution. i dont have a powerfull GPU on this laptop, so i am forced to use lower resolutions, not by choice.

well.. since it looks like you have a dell laptop..

I believe there is a BIOS option called "display stretch" or something like that for when the screen is set to a resolution lower than the native resolutions of the panel. This will stretch the image on lower resolutions to fill the entire screen.

I think you can calso use the Fn-F7 button combination to do it "on the fly"

i tried to do what you suggested fitz however the bios does not give me an option to strech the bios , note that the bios is already flashed to latest , also my laptop is dell 1100. also the bios also has boards.

and the Fn-F7 combination?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back