problem sharing connection with NIS

Swi

gningnegneur
Hello, I've just did a fresh install on an old computer on which I want to get to the net through my main computer.
Here's the setup
Main computer:
- ADSL internet connection connected in a NIC
- This NIC has non-static IP
- An on-board NIC connects to the second computer
- This NIC has a static IP (192.168.0.1)
- Internet connection sharing (ICS) in on
- Norton Internet Security 2003 installed with rules permiting tcp-udp-icmp send/rcv through the ip range 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255. These rules are on top of the list. This range is also in the trusted area of the Internet zone control.

Second puter:
- XP created the internet connection through the main puter
- NIC has a static IP (192.168.0.2)
- I can't open any web pages

XP firewall is disabled everywhere.
If I close NIS, everything works OK.

Any settings I forgot????

Get rid of the ICS and...
Check this out here )---> www.pppshar.com
This works great and is simple to install. They have very good support also.
I use it here at work with more than 10 machines sharing a T1 connection.
Outstanding.
-SlimP

Nope you have not missed anything all the rules are correct.

Generally speaking you should be letting ICS serve IP information to the other computer but it seems as it wont make a odds as it works fine without NIS active.

I've always found NIS not to work with ICS well, i cant think of a firewall other than Kerio that ive seen working well on a ICS gateway!

Do you see any blocked traffic in the logs? I take it you can ping both ways and use other features like file sharing?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back