Problem playing .avi files and starting applications

pok_pok_911

go the AMD!!!
i have this recurring problem whenever i try to play a movie that is above 600mb windows media player 10 or media player classic it says has encountered a problem and needs to close, this happens everytime but a file that was 591mb seemed to work? :cry:
Oh and cucusoft avi to dvd converter never opens either it encounters a problem to, please help :)

My system is amd 2600+
1 gig ram
xp home edition
9600 pro

look at the drive the file is on, and do a defrag analysis of it, you may need to defrag your drive.

I have exactly the same issue, although my avi files where some 25gb's in size... a little too large.

I had to defrag as every time i went to play any kind of movie file on my d drive the whole thing locked up and i had to end task. My drive was like 80% fragmented. Now they all work great.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back