Problem loading up some images and websites.

yoni123

OSNN One Post Wonder
Hello, I have 3 computers (and 1 xbox) connected to the internet through a router. When i try to access some websites, or images through my computer i cant get them, while on the other computers there is no problem.
For example, the screenshots on gamespot.com - i can see many of the images on the website, but when i enter the screenshot gallery page, i see no image (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/brothersinarms/screenindex.html).
Again i will say - the other computers can view these images.
As for the browser, i've tested with IE6 and Firefox, same results - both not connecting to any proxy.
Another issue i have, is i cant connect to websites hosted on nana.co.il. that's weird, since when im using a proxy server to connect, i can.
I'll appreciate any help, THANKS !

try using Adaware or Spybot something could be hijacking your hosts file or something like that.

on a side note have you tested this with the new super incredible SeaMoose browser :p

I didnt want to start a new thread but i have a similar problem, i am unable to access many sites that require a java vm. I even downloaded the latest one from Sun and still nothing, this pc is clean of viruses and seems to be clean of ad/spyware and trojans. I ran numerous checks. I cant get it to work. i first noticed this when speaking with tech support of my isp about changing my modem to a router by accessing the router within a browser window. i typed in the internal address and the page loaded but subsequent pages or popups fail to load. i disable all popup blockers, i changed all security settings to the lowest and also install the latest java info. Nothing, no change at all. Any ideas as to what i can try next?

Hmmm usefull thread revival, been noticing this myself and have been investigating network infrastructure, I'll have to sweep my machine for spyware/viruses incase I missed something obvious and got myself infected :)

Apps such as PeerGuardian can cause problems like this. Just in-case any of you are running that :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back