Problem installing Theme

Smoke286

Smokeater
Hey , I have a question, I'm trying to install a theme, these are the instructions:

If you got NTFS on your system..

1.- In WINDOWS.. place this 4 files and the "RUNTHIS" directly in C:\ (you can delete them later,so don't worry)
2.- boot with your windows XP CD
3.- use the REPAIR tool insted of the install one.. and you'll be taken to a command prompt..
4.- type "batch RUNTHIS.exe" then hit enter
5.- There should be a messege were all 4 files had been copied..
6.- Reboot & enjoy

When I do it I get the following message: The system cannot find the file or directory specified.

since the files are there including the ms-dos batch file I'm kind of confused

Geez, that's a heck of a way to have to install a theme! I'm not sure what the problem is, but where did you get this from? You might want to check out Wincustomize.

Originally posted by Smoke286
It came from Theme XP, its new to me also

Hmm, I wouldn't go that far to install a theme. I don't imagine that things would be much easier in order to uninstall it.

I do have Style XP but it cant install this, whatever way its written

Most likely the problem is that when booting to the recovery console you are at the C:\Windows> command prompt. You'll have to change directory to go to the C:> prompt to execute the file. Type cd C:\ and hit enter to do this.

Wouldn't try it before I were absolutely sure what this batch file is supposed to do. It is at least a very unusual way to install a theme.

What are the file names and what commands are in this batch or whatever it is file? The BATCH command in the recovery console usually looks for a text file.

Its suppose to put the full Longhorn theme on your machine, its been on Theme XP for a couple of weeks and has been d/l a couple of thousand times, if it was something harmful you'd think they would have removed it by now, perhaps I should ask on the forums there if anyone has had a problem with it. It is an unusually way to install a theme, but I was figuring if I created a restore point just before I did it I would be fairly safe.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back