Problem in starting up WDM nVidia drivers

Jairo

OSNN Newbie
Hello.

I have an ASUS v7700 Deluxe (GeForce2 Ti - VIVO) video board. (internal video decoder chip: Philips SAA 7113H)

I downloaded the latest nVidia drivers (v2.20) and the nvcap.sys cannot start (Error code = 10) nor Windows98 either WinXP.

Any drivers above WDM v1.08 doesn´t work.

Actually, I am still trying to use that video board with PAL-M in Windows XP. PAL-M is available in Windows 9x ONLY with Video For Windows drivers from ASUS (drivers were discontinued :( )

My system:

- Motherboard ECS K7VTA2 (VIA KT266A based)
- 256Mb RAM SDR
- Windows XP (Service Pack 1) and Windows 98 SE
- HD 40Gb - Maxtor 7200rpm ATA 133

Help!

Best,
Jairo.

have you tried an older driver set?

the card you have is pretty old and it is possible that the latest drivers may not contain the relevant versions for your product...

I would consider trying to utilise an older driver set that provides you with some stability... make sure you stick to releases for the relevant operating system...

In fact, I´ve tryed the 1.08 WDM Drivers and it works.

The problem is that driver does not support PAL-M. Maybe, the new release has support for PAL-M but I´m not sure.

Curiously, the latest drivers from ASUS for 7700 Series have the same behaviour.

I think that the best Thread would be "Who have a Windows XP driver for v7700 Deluxe that supports PAL-M ?" :rolleyes:

Best.

LMAO, when I first read the title I thought it said WMD nvidia drivers! I was like weapons of mass destruction nvidia drivers!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back