Problem going into bios

IDLE

OSNN Senior Addict
i have an Asus M2N SLI, when i try to get in the bios by selecting DEL at the bottom screen says Entering Setup screen goes black and the PC shuts off.

But the PC starts in windows with out an issue. Reason for going in the bios is because when applying a flash drive it tells me my USB is on version 1.1. but both have 2.0 capable and the data transfer is so slow.

has anyone seen this before or know what to do? ive disconnected HDD removed the memory(1gig 2x 2gigs ddr2) tried one at a time.

Last edited:
Have you tried clearing CMOS so everything goes back to defaults?

yeah i tried that as well. sry, failed to mention that in my original. that was the first thing i tried to do

i have tried to update the bios through a utility that asus has and i receive this error. SS attached

Attachments

• bios error.JPG
    bios error.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 107
ok since doing the above i now cannot boot into vista. upon booting i receive a memory dump that completes but reboots and is stuck in a cycle....

When you were updating through Asus update.....Did you download the file to your PC then try to update or allow the utility to download/flash.

If you allow the utility to "do it all" you can have problems.

It is best to download the file to somewhere to your PC then use the update utlity to flash it. Myself, I don't trust flashing from within Windows and still flash for DOS.

Looks like your mobo could have gone bad ways - have you tried a CMOS reset since updating the BIOS? It might be worth trying to reflash using a floppy disk, either with the new BIOS again or putting the old one back. Can you download the BIOS update from someone else's computer?

i did the bios update from file. not throughthe internet. after doing this i cannot get into windows at all. ive got a dual boot Vista and XP neither of which i can gain access to now.

i havent got a floppy drive, can i use a CD or flash drive to boot from to get in to dos?

Those boards have a fail safe no? I beleive you need to hit a key combo to enter the flash mode ... I will look for their manual ...

Its press

ALT+F2 to get to the flash utility and you can flash from either a floppy or a USB drive

i tried the ALT+F2 and that applied the bios update just fine. but upon booting it up the windows started up(vista green bar) and the PC just shutoff. i tried going int he BIOS and same issue. entering setup and PC shuts off. i reset the CMOS and apply it backm int he PC and i can get back in to windows but not the bios.

I would send that board back I cant be sure but it seems it is faulty , you can run windows without any problems?

windows runs perfect and games etc. just wont go into the bios.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back