problem burning dvd files

IDLE

OSNN Senior Addict
i have been having some trouble burning some vob files to a dvd and played back on a dvd player. my problem is that when playing the dvd the video freezes and 3-6 seconds later it unfreezes but looses its place where it froze. i have tried different typs of cd's and different speeds. i am using nero burning rom. anyone have any idea why this happens?

IDLE said:
i have been having some trouble burning some vob files to a dvd and played back on a dvd player. my problem is that when playing the dvd the video freezes and 3-6 seconds later it unfreezes but looses its place where it froze. i have tried different typs of cd's and different speeds. i am using nero burning rom. anyone have any idea why this happens?

Just use DvD shrink instead, site has gone as author now works for Nero full time.

http://www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/DVDShrink.zip

Cannot guarantee how long it will last for on server so, make sure you keep a copy of it.

well im not talking about my "own" dvd's

i use dvd srink as well.

mmmm..... If you're talking about DvD's you purchased or rent, then it may be a problem with your DvD player as I have had this experience on two of the thousands of DvD's we own in our home, played on a DvD player under T.V..

If it's DvD's that are blank I use Mr DvD and some I got from amazon.co.uk cheap in a 100 spindle made by Hi Space, I have burnt 900 and not one has buggered up, but.....if you are talking about your DvD writer, player on your maching, then it might be a problem with the player, software or device for playing DvD's.

is this while watching your copied dvd in your home dvd player ?? If so, the prblemis more than like the fact that it don't support the type of dvd you used .. Most players either support +r or -r. Some, like mine, will play anything you throw at it. I would check to see which one yours supports and go from there ..

johnny those are only acient dvd players though like 3 or 4 years old, but if thats what he has then thats probably the problem

no my dvd player can play just about anything. but i think i found the problem. i was DL at the same time i was copying and that was causing the "pause" when watching the movie on my dvd player. ill now have to rewrite those....

no my dvd player can play just about anything. but i think i found the problem. i was DL at the same time i was copying and that was causing the "pause" when watching the movie on my dvd player. ill now have to rewrite those....

themafia.69 said:
johnny those are only acient dvd players though like 3 or 4 years old, but if thats what he has then thats probably the problem
If you buy a cheap dvd player now, posibilities are that it won't play both +R and -R. It will only play one or the other ...I just bought a dvd player about a month ago. It will only play +R disk. It will not play -R,mp3, jpeg, cdr, cdrw etc. I tried to play a -R, all it did was skip and sputter threw the movie. Every once in a while it would even lock up.. Other disks, it will give a invlaid cd error while trying to play it ...

Last edited:
Johnny said:
If you buy a cheap dvd player now, posibilities are that it won't play both +R and -R. It will only play one or the other ...I just bought a dvd player about a month ago. It will only play +R disk. It will not play -R,mp3, jpeg, cdr, cdrw etc. I tried to play a -R, all it did was skip and sputter threw the movie. Every once in a while it would even lock up.. Other disks, it will give a invlaid cd error while trying to play it ...

The Cheapest ones available play the most stuff. My cheap ass APEX will eat anything, whereas the sig. other's SONY is a little bitch sometimes (4 years old mafia ;) )

mine is a $50 dollar pioneer thats a year old and wil even play movies on Cd-r

If I burned dvd pauses or skips as it plays, I tend to think that it is cheap media. It's tough to get a good quality burn with alot of the burners and cheap ass media out there.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back